Thursday, August 20, 2009

POSITIVE THINKING - FORGOTTEN LESSONS

As I was going through the second chapter I came across several lessons we have been taught in our childhood and youth which we forget once we get into the hurly burly professional arena.

'Think good and Good follows'.
I remember that when ever we used to talk about something going wrong like 'the train may be late', or 'he will loose if he clowns around like this' we would find someone telling us to say good thing only "Shubh Shubh Bolo" they would say in Hindi which translates to "Good Good say".

Similarly the book says 'the subconscious mind does not differentiate between what to accept and what not to. The subconscious mind takes in whatever you convey and then starts working towards it. Therefore there should not be any negative thoughts.'
When we were young I have heard my mother and grandmother tell me several times that I should careful about what I say. It was like when I used to fool around and tell them that I would fail in class that year, they would tell me that 'Goddess Saraswati, the Godess of Wisdom, Knowledge and truth resides on the tongue of every human for a few moments every day and the utterance of that moment will always happen. As we are not aware of her choosing our tongue we should be careful about what we say as any negative thoght also has the likelyhood of being spoken at that very instance.'

Notice how similar are the teachings of the book to what is a daily life occourance in India.

Even while praying we notice that the prayers have positive requests. Give me wealth, give me good health, keep my family safe.

Therefore if we combine ancient wisdom and messages from prayers we will automatically behave in a manner that results in positive thinking.

Try it and see the changes around you.

Best wishes,
Manoj

No comments: