Monday, September 7, 2009

POSITIVE THINKING - THE SECRET WEAPONS

Hello,
THE SECRET OF POSITIVE THINKING
Positive thinking has three main weapons: Faith, Gratitude and Back to the wall attitude.
All of us have all three in abundance but we fail to realize the power of our weapons.
The test of the power is in utilizing it properly. Once we start using it correctly we will be victors always.
Sometimes we use it without knowing and then we do not credit them with our victories.
If we analyze our achievements we will realize that it was done through the utilization of these three main weapons.
Once you make your subconscious aware of the power of the weapons you can start using it consciously for higher success.
Faith in your thoughts
When you think positive you have to be like Aladdin and believe that you have the lamp which when rubbed will bring out the genie who will say “Your wish is my command.”
Aladdin and the genie is actually a story about the powers of the subconscious and positive thinking. The story shows how each and every wish of Aladdin gets fulfilled once he starts believing in the lamp. His faith in the powers of the genie, which is actually a metaphor for his subconscious, is so strong that he is able to get what he wants.
As Paul Coelho says in his book ‘The Alchemist’ – “When you want something, the entire universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
Believe that you can achieve your dreams and see them turn into reality.
When I first came to Jaipur, in 1996, we had a flat in Pratapnagar, Sanganer and everyday we took the JLN Marg to our office. When we crossed Malviya Nagar, my wife and I always had the same thought, “We will have a house in Malviya Nagar”. This thought kept coming up and in 2000 when I disclosed this to colleagues; I was ridiculed to be dreaming of something I could not afford. In 2003, I started looking for another house and looked everywhere except Malviya Nagar. Suddenly, an offer came my way and I purchased the plot within a week. The plot was in Malviya Nagar and I now have the beautiful house in Malviya Nagar that I had always wanted.
Gratitude for what you have
It is a simple thing we do every day but forget it at crucial times. Saying ‘Thank you’.
When we want our child to continue with his good behavior we praise his behavior, we encourage him so that he knows that by behaving in a particular way he earns our praise. Our praise, a thank you to the child for behaving well, attracts more good behavior.
We get incentives, bonuses, increments, appreciation for doing well at our jobs. This spurs us to perform better. The thank you from the employer in the form of the bonus, incentive, etc, makes us give him more of what he wants.
Showing gratitude for what you have got and want more of is the best way to attract more of it.
How many times we forget to thank Life for the beautiful past that has been gifted to us. Every time we forget to do so, we loose the opportunity to attract the same beautiful gifts again.
In 2004, money supply became a problem. Low inflows and usual outflows meant that we spent about six months in the negative.
I took advice and I was told to read a shloka that thanks Goddess Lakshmi for her benevolence. Not ask for more, just thank her for what she had given me till then. I started doing the shloka and I was comfortable.
Back to the wall
I am sure every one can think of a moment when they had their backs to the wall. It may not be a precarious position like hanging over a cliff or being caught on the tracks in front of a speeding train but it would be a position where there was only one way out. Have we not chosen the way out to get away from the wall?
Why then wait for our back to be against the wall to look for the opening.
Why not think of every situation to be a back to the wall situation and every time look for the only one opening that is positive.
Let us be aware of the wall so that we can always look for the opening.
In 2000, I had my back against the wall. I somehow managed to incur the wrath of some egoistic seniors, who then took it on themselves to give me a tough time by transferring me out of Jaipur. I never till then had actually tried for a job change. When things really looked tough, I approached a friend and was surprised when, within a month, I had the offer for a new job with a better salary.
I stayed in Jaipur and did well enough to make some of the seniors of my erstwhile employer regret their decision of letting me go.
The reading makes it look too simple. But remember most things in life are simple if you have the intelligence to understand it.
Best wishes with positive thoughts,
Manoj

2 comments:

BlackBox said...

Well said.

उत्साहसम्पन्नमदीर्घसूत्रम्
क्रियावधिज्ञं व्यसनेष्वसक्तम् ।
शूरं कृतज्ञं दृढसौहृदं च
लक्ष्मीः स्वयं याति निवासहेतोः ॥

The goddess of wealth comes by herself to a person who is enthusiastic, who does not procrastinate, who plans his work systematically, who is not addicted to any bad habits, who is brave, grateful and friendly.

(From Subhashita Manjari Blog)

Manoj Mishra said...

Hello BlackBox,

Thank you.
The shloka quoted by you is wonderful. It is really interesting to note how the scriptures written so many years ago contain such meaningful messages that are relevant even today.
The basic truth does not change.
Best regards,
Manoj