Friday, May 29, 2009

Steps you can take to learn about your true self

Hello,
When I think about what is the easiest step I can take towards getting to understand my true self, the answer I generally get is that the easiest is not to tell any lies of any kind.
Try to fight the temptation of telling lies for small things like when someone in office asks you "Why are you late?" Try to tell the truth. I found that it is a real stress reliever - like the other day when our boss asked a colleague the question, he replied honestly. "I overslept", he said. The moment he told the truth the tension disappeared and all of us were laughing and cracking jokes about the reason for oversleeping.
It is easy to trick people with small lies like "I am in a meeting, can I call you later" lie we say when we want to avoid saying no to someone. The fact is that the more we delay more the other person dislikes us when we finally say no. He is happier if he gets the feedback immediately so that he can try someone else and not waste his energy thinking about what your answer is going to be.
Saying things which are untrue is ungodly and take us away from our true identity.
Stop telling lies. See how good you feel at the end of the day.
Best regards,
Manoj

No comments: