Thursday, November 5, 2009

AVOIDING NEGATIVITY - BANISHING NEGATIVE THOUGHTS

Hello,



In my last post I had written about the impact of negative words and how we can avoid using them.

However, it is not always possible to be on guard and therefore even after our best effort we do end up using the words that create fear and apprehension.

In my earlier posts on positive thinking I had spoken about my personal example of how my heart would start palpitating if the phone rang at work. I always connected the ringing of the phone bell with negative words like 'angry boss', 'irrate customer', 'problems'.
As expected my words got converted into thoughts and my heart started to beat faster givng me unwanted tension.
These thoughts were so strong that several times I had to deal with an angry boss, an irrate customer or unexpected problems.
When I think of those times now I realize that I would almost always get what I was looking for.
As I wrote earlier I got over the problem by trying to avoid picking up the phone from the boss, going up to their cabin and reading their thoughts on their faces. I tried to manage the irrate customer by being polite and civil. It has worked and now I no longer fear the telephone. The negative words associated with the telephone ring is no longer in use and therefore the negative thoughts that dominated my thinking at the ringing are no longer dominant.
Negative thoughts have a very strong growth pattern. Once such a thought enters your mind it begins to dwarf all others and slowly but surely it leads you to a stage of depression where everything looks negative and everyone appears to be an enemy.
But if you stop these negative thoughts from growing by countering their growth, nipping them at the bud with positive action or words it does not grow into a monster and you are back on track.
So everytime a negative thought starts gnawing your brains, focus on the positive aspects of the word that gives rise to the thought. Focus on the action related to the word that brought in positive results and you can banish this negative thought from your mind.
Make a conscious effort to safeguard your subconscious.
Think Positive.
Best regards,
Manoj

No comments: